The truth about coffee

The truth about coffee

Coffee is drinking all over the world and is most popular in EU countries. The black brew has, in recent years, proved to be more useful than its reputation - but on the other hand, it is terrible for the climate.

Coffee does not contain lots of minerals, vitamins and fiber, but actually a lot of antioxidants that protect the body's cells and keep us young and healthy.

“COFFEE IS USELESS” – BOTH

Coffee has a bad reputation and has been associated with both cancer and heart disease.

But over the past decade, researchers have found evidence of several health benefits of drinking coffee.

However, coffee is not just a miracle drink.

Higher amounts of coffee can increase cholesterol levels and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease in people with a certain genetic mutation that slows down caffeine degradation.

Also, the substance is added in many dietary supplements as it speeds up metabolism and fat burning.

Unfortunately, the effect is most significant in narrow people, where the increase is up to 29 percent. Overweight people are content with only ten percent.

1

Affects the brain
Small amounts of caffeine improve your mood, memory, and focus. Too much coffee makes you relaxed and sleepless. This is because caffeine molecules bind to the same receptors as the substance adenosine, which should deliver signals of fatigue.

2

Raises blood pressure
Large amounts of coffee release dopamine, which keeps you energized and active. It increases fat burning and your performance by up to 12 percent, but also provides higher blood pressure.

3

Control your appetite
Coffee can help you lose weight. It reduces appetite and perhaps also intestinal absorption of carbohydrates. In contrast, the production of gastric acid is increased.

Kilos of greenhouse gases emitted annually

If you drink a cup every day:

Coffee

155 kilos

Wine

114 kilos.

Almond milk

51 kilos.

Tea

15 kilos.

“COFFEE HARMS THE CLIMATE” – TRUE

Coffee is grown in the coffee belt at the equator. Of the 2.25 billion cups of coffee consumed each day, two-thirds are consumed in the EU and the US.

In a 2013 study, researchers followed the coffee from harvest in Costa Rica to stores in Europe and analyzed greenhouse gas emissions from the various links in the chain.

36 percent of the emissions occur before coffee reaches Europe, while the remaining 64 percent is emitted after the coffee has arrived.

The largest item is the consumer’s responsibility, as 45 percent of the coffee’s total climate imprint occurs during brewing.

Globally, our coffee consumption results in an annual climate impact of approximately 103 million tonnes of carbon dioxide.

“COFFEE PRODUCTION IS THREATENED” – TRUE

The global coffee market is growing every year. In 2018, production was 4.8 percent higher than in 2017. All the coffee in the world comes from two species of the coffee bush, Coffea arabica, and Coffea robusta.

There are an additional 122 wild species in the Coffea genus, which researchers believe are crucial to coffee production.

Their genes should be used to make cultivated species more robust to insect infestation and climate change.

Of the total 124 species, extinction threatens as much as 60%

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on pinterest
Share on reddit
Tags: No tags

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *